1 Intended use
The Nova Find software-as-a-service solution is used to digitize processes in lost and found offices and other lost and found service organizations. For this purpose, the entire life cycle of a lost and found is documented in the software, from its entry in the lost and found office, to the determination of the owner, to the return or recovery of the lost property.
The digitization of finds management processes is aimed at both the comprehensible documentation of individual processes and the support of users in individual process steps and, as a result, the possibility of increasing efficiency.
This document describes the service items of Nova Find in the Essentials edition.
Nova Find is offered as a software-as-a-service application and is operated by RUBICON in a shared infrastructure, in which a separate client is set up for the customer. In doing so, Nova Find complies with all guidelines regarding data protection. The data centers in which Nova Find is operated are located within the EU.
1.1 Target group
The solution is provided for different customer segments in customized editions that differ from each other both in terms of functionality and operation.
Depending on the specific organization and other general conditions (process design, number of employees, etc.), it is possible in individual cases to use a different Nova Find Edition in contrast to these orientation values.
2 Scope of functions
The Nova Find solution primarily aims to record and document the processes of lost and found handed in at the lost and found office. In addition to the recording of personal data on finders and losers, this also includes warehouse management and the documentation of the handover of lost property to the persons involved.
In addition, the solution provides for connection to central loss reporting portals for citizens and private individuals provided by RUBICON. This supports the determination of the owners of lost property through a system-supported hit comparison in real time, and the lost property recorded in the system is also made recognizable to users of the central loss reporting portals.
2.1.1 Access and authentication
- A personal user account is required for use by users.
- User management can be done independently by administrators of their own organization.
- Authentication is done by username and password.
2.1.2 Master data management
- Users with administrator privileges manage the master data of their own organization independently.
- Sites with freely selectable designations can be created for your own organization.
- Contact details (address, phone number, e-mail, opening hours) can be managed for each location.
- Multiple storage locations with freely selectable designations can be created for each location.
2.1.3 Recording of lost property
- Recording of the location, date of discovery and estimated value of the found object
- Automatic assignment of a unique reference number for each found object
- Categorization of found objects and main and subcategories according to a centrally managed catalog
- Recording of category-specific characteristics according to a centrally managed catalog as well as descriptive text for found objects
- Assignment of finds reports to up to two classifications freely selectable by an administrator
- Search for recorded found reports and found objects of the own organization according to different criteria
2.1.4 Personal data and claims of involved parties
- Collection of known personal data from losers
- Collection of personal data from finders or anonymous finders
- Recording of claims for finder’s reward or property by finder
- Optional recording of personal data of authorized recipients when handing over lost and found items
2.1.5 Participation in the Funds Service – Network
- Automatic provision of the acquired data on finds for networked hit matching
- Automatic determination and display of matching loss reports from central loss reporting portals
- Targeted search for loss reports from central loss report portals according to defined criteria
2.1.6 Documents and communication system
- Automatic generation of documents and notifications from standard templates for notifications to finders and losers, etc.
- Inclusion of the configured contact information of the responsible location in documents
- Inclusion of organization-specific configurable notice texts in documents
- Sending notifications by e-mail or generating PDF files for printing for letter mailings
- Automatic preparation of notifications according to defined deadlines (e.g. start of property claim finder)
2.1.7 Warehouse management
- Assignment of found objects to a storage location
- Relocation of found objects to other storage locations (if necessary at other locations).
- Selection of organization-specific retention periods for lost and found items
- Departures from stock by handing over to finder or loser
- Inventory disposals through liquidation (sell, destroy, auction, transfer, collect)
- Generate stock and inventory lists according to various criteria
- Assignment of barcodes to found objects
2.1.8 Cash book
- Organization-specific configuration of accounts and assignment to locations
- Automatic postings for lost property, fees and finder’s reward
- Manual bookings
- Automatic determination for the skimming of amounts to which there are no longer any claims by third parties
- Selectable user interface language per user (English, German, French, Italian)
- Selection of the preferred language of communication for involved parties (finders and losers) for documents and communications (German, English, French, Italian)
- Organization-specific limitation of available communication languages
2.1.10 Citizen services
- Publication of recorded finds according to defined criteria under a static link
- Generating a loss report confirmation for individual loss reports based on a standard template
For an efficient implementation, it is necessary that the client’s provision and cooperation services are complied with and provided on time.
The system requirements of the client workstations as well as the mobile devices are documented in Appendix D and shall be established by the Client on all client and mobile workstations accessing Nova Find.
Any necessary configurations or activations in the Customer’s infrastructure shall be carried out by the Customer.
All services, which are offered online, take place via telephone or virtually via MS Teams. The client shall ensure that each participant has a work device with functioning Internet access, the required conference software solution and the appropriate equipment for participating in an online meeting (as well as a camera, if necessary).